You may be wondering what data center solutions are
. In layman’s terms, data center solutions are services and products that help maintain data centers. The products needed include many things you’re likely familiar with: routers, batteries, cooling systems, cables, generators and servers. Needed services include: installation, configuration and tech support.
Every company varies in its need for data centers and data center solutions. Some companies are big enough to have their own data centers to seamlessly integrate VoiP phone systems or CCAAS solutions. Others share data centers with multiple companies. Regardless of what a company’s setup is, data center solutions can be as simple or as complex as needed. It can range from simple setups and maintenance to redesign or even construction of new data centers.
So why do companies need data center solutions anyway? The fact of the matter is that the world we live in and data that’s collected by any number of machines is become more virtualized by the day. Data center solutions can offer companies the infrastructure access they need and the protection offered by cloud-based systems. With a physical data center and cloud resources, companies can protect their data, store it and back it up, so that nothing is ever lost. In fact, it’s estimated that about 83% of a company’s workload will be stored on the cloud in 2020.
As the world continues to rely more and more on technology, another way companies can protect themselves and their data is to use managed IT services. These help companies find the right resources and employees and allocate in the best possible way. Companies can benefit from managed IT services in the following ways:
- More productivity: It’s no secret that in today’s business climate, companies want as much productivity as possible and they’re always looking to increase it. When productivity slips, companies lose money, problems arise and people usually lose their jobs. IT services can cut down on downtime big time.
- Expenses: Managed IT providers can help companies reduce their infrastructure costs by a lot. Companies are able to significantly downsize their on-site infrastructure by using data centers, while reducing the cost of energy uses and hardware.
- IT staff productivity: Another benefit of IT providers is better productivity from a company’s IT staff. Rather than having to waste time on repeated technical issues, companies can focus on more important priorities instead and outsource common problems to IT services.
- More predictable costs: With managed IT services, companies end up paying the same amount for services every single month, regardless of how support they ask for. This helps get a better handle on their IT budgets and it helps them see exactly how money is spent, especially where technology is concerned.
- Expert support: The phrase “time is money” is a well-worn one in many companies. It may sound cliché, but it’s true. When companies have to spent time on repeated technical issues, they usually lose money. Issues make employees less productive, stall projects and cause other issues that a company can’t afford and doesn’t want to deal with. With managed IT services, companies can have any and all issues fixed right away and have it done in minutes or hours instead of days.
As beneficial as technology is for many companies, they can never be too careful when it comes to staying secure. Still, 34% of companies fail to test their backups and of those that do, 77% have found backup failures. Using managed IT security services providers helps protect companies and in turn, helps companies product their data as well as the data of their customers.
If your company is looking to protect important data while having a reliable technological infrastructure, using data center solutions and managed IT security services providers are both good ideas. They’ll help protect data, fix nagging security issues and ultimately give your company the technological support that it needs or has been sorely lacking.
Trackback from your site.