If you need to find resources online, whether they’re restaurant reviews or good places to buy gifts for loved ones, where do you go? Chances are you start with a search engine, just like 93% of other internet users. Google is the most popular of these, taking about 65 to 70% of the search market share due to its accuracy. Yet no matter where internet users go to search, they’re bound to not go much further than the first few entries, and definitely not past the first page of the search results 75% of the time.
On that note, if you happen to be one of the businesses on page two or beyond, you might be struggling to get more customers into your shop or making purchases from you online. If this is something you’ve faced, it may be time to get a professional SEO company on your side.
What is SEO? SEO or search engine optimization strategies are used to help boost your rankings in Google and other search engines. SEO services for small businesses might include everything from website design to social media management. Hiring a professional SEO company can also give a business an edge when it comes to use of social media and email marketing and is vital for small businesses that don’t have the time or capabilities to handle these tasks themselves.
If your small business needs help getting noticed online, it may be time to turn to a search marketing company for some help. Here’s the lowdown on the services a professional SEO company can offer:
- Website design: Most businesses these days have websites, but is yours truly optimized for search engines? You’ll want a site with enough relevant keywords, so search engines can easily crawl it and show it to internet users. Make sure that you hire an SEO company that can create a mobile-friendly website, too, as nearly half of all searches today take place on mobile devices.
- Content marketing: A great website is nothing without killer content. Blog posts, videos, infographics, and other informative content will keep customers coming back to you and seeing you as an expert in your field.
- Social media: If Facebook is like Greek to you and Twitter has you scratching your head, it’s time to hire social media and SEO consultants. Having a solid social presence is an easy way to get the word out about your business and engage with your current and potential customers.
- PPC: Pay-per-click advertisements help your company appear above search engine results, so you can get noticed faster. The best part is that you only pay for them when they are clicked on, but they can still manage to spread the word about your business for you, too.
- Email marketing: Even though some people might see email marketing as a bit outdated, email still remains among the top internet activities today (along with the use of search engines). Email marketing also lets you track how many opens, clicks, and customers you get following your business’s activities online.
Which SEO services do you think your business needs? Let us know in the comments below.