Globally, the hotel industry is huge. Every year, it generates anywhere between $400 and $500 billion. Travelers in the United States make up about one third of that. If you own or run a hotel, there are some things you can do to make your establishment more successful. From getting the right technology in hospitality industry pdf to having the best team around you, you can take certain steps to make people want to return to your hotel and to tell their friends about you.
- You have to hire the right people. When it comes to any kind of property management , having the right people working for you is a crucial part of your success. In the first place, they need to understand that the customer is always right. A positive attitude can go a very long way in dealing with even the most grumpy, annoyed and harried traveler. When you are hiring people, you have to make sure the applicants understand this is your policy. Remember, your front desk staff and the people who answer your phones are the face of your company. In fact anyone who has contact with your customers becomes the face of your company. That includes you wait staff, cleaning people and valet parking people. Everyone needs to understand that the way they treat your customers will reflect on the business as a whole.
- Take the time to meet people who are staying at your hotel. Even the best best hotel management software cannot be a substitute for a more personal touch. You cannot spend all of your time in the reception area of your hotel but you can walk through and show that you are accessible and approachable to your guests and your staff. When you meet your guests, smile and make good eye contact. That establishes some trust.
- Have a plan for crises. No one ever wants emergencies to happen but they do occur even in the most well run establishments. You need to have a plan and make sure all of your staff knows what that is and what to do in the event of an emergency. One of the more important duties all of your staff has is to remain calm during any kind of crisis. Every room needs a map and guide for how to exit the hotel if there is an emergency. Your emergency exits needs to be clearly marked and you need to have a back up power system to keep certain lights on so that your guests and staff can see the way to the exits.
- Remember, the internet is your friend. There are a number of ways you can use the internet to your benefit. That includes using the right hotel reservations software and technology in hospitality industry pdf. This includes letting people view your hotel on mobile devices. You have a website but how does it look on mobile devices? More than half of all internet users access the web from mobile devices. At least 46% of travelers look to their smartphones and tablets to research hotels in the towns and cities they are looking to visit. If people cannot book their rooms online, you will lose business. So make sure your hotel front desk software can work with the online booking tools.
- Get your hotel listed with the major sites. When people are looking to book a room, they check a number of travel sites. They look at Trivago, Kayak, Expedia and others. You need to make sure your establishment is listed with them and that your listing is accurate. You also need to make sure Google has the right information for you.
- Use technology. You want to have the right technology in hospitality industry pdf. This means you can use hospitality management software systems to manage the cleaning of your guest rooms, proper scheduling of hotel shuttles and managing the check in and check out process. These system can also help with inventory for your cleaning staff and your restaurant.
Running a successful hotel means more than just having the right technology in hospitality industry pdf. It needs a personal touch and some effort to keep your guests happy and coming back and recommending you to friends.
Trackback from your site.